We love to bring you stories of innovative ways a CRM system can help any type of business – including not for profit organisations. Take Spare Parts Puppet Theatre.
Spare Parts Puppet Theatre (SPPT) are Australia’s champions for puppet theatre.
SPPT present five seasons a year at their home theatre in Fremantle, nurture the art form through our School of Puppetry and Emergent training program – FirstHand, perform in Festivals, corporate and community events and tour extensively through regional Western Australia and the world.
They were founded in 1981 by Artistic Director Peter L Wilson, writer Cathryn Robinson and designer Beverley Campbell-Jackson, as part of an artist-in-residency program initiated by the WA Institute of Technology (now Curtin University of Technology). From 1997 – 2001, SPPT was under the artistic direction of Noriko Nishimoto.
SPPT are now lead by an outstanding team with their award winning Artistic Director Philip Mitchell and Associate Director Michael Barlow. After 30 years of operation, the Company has developed a national and international reputation having performed in China, USA, Korea, Singapore, Japan, Czech Republic and most recently in France.
SPPT required a system to manage their clients and automate internal processes. These processes were mainly in the areas of:
1. Managing marketing campaigns
2. Managing school workshops
3. Managing Sales force automation – automatic quotes generation
4. Managing grants and philanthropic activities
5. Managing the different client and staff categories (schools, donors, volunteers, tutors)
6. Automating workflow (automatically notifying the relevant tutor when a workshop is entered into the system)
7. Managing staff contracts and other documentation
The CRM system was configured from the front end to manage all the items listed above.
Existing contacts that were stored in excel sheets and outlook were imported into the system to create a central repository.
Custom reports were created to handle all the above items as well as:
1. VIP lists
2. Donor lists
3. Adopt a puppet members – These are people who wish to ‘adopt a puppet’ for a year by providing a contribution to SPPT.
The CRM solution implemented by Sankhya Consultants resulted in the following benefits to SPPT:
1. Time savings by automating marketing activities and tracking marketing campaigns
2. Time savings by having a central system to manage workshops and having integrated workflow to automatically inform tutors of the workshop details so that they can prepare materials
3. Time savings in generating quotes by automating the process
4. Efficient handling of grant applications and philanthropic activities
5. Automatic generation of reports and lists for management – time savings and increased accuracy in not having to compile these manually.
6. Having a central repository to manage all types of clients and staff and their associated contracts and documentation.
The next stage is to provide Google Calendar integration to synchronise activities and tasks. We also plan to include SMS integration and a web-to-lead form so leads can be captured directly from their website.